Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default UserForm1 not getting removed using VBA

Hello friends,

I need some help.
I use VBA code to upgrade an existing Excel workbook with new code and
forms. I do this by removing code modules and User forms using VBA and then
importing the new code modules and user forms. Things have been working fine
for the last few months but recently one of the users reported an error -
which takes place because UserForm1 is not getting removed. The actual error
takes place when the new UserForm1 is imported by the VBA code.
I could reproduce the error on my computer as well. The interesting thing is
that the code does not create an error on the line when UserForm1 is being
removed. Moreover, when I step through the code I can can see that the
UserForm1 is still a part of the project even though the VBA code removing it
has been execuated?!
Can someone point to what may be happening?

Thanks

Alok

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Friends,

I just created a work-around by trial and error.

The issue was that one of the forms in the workbook that I was trying to
upgrade was not being removed inspite of the fact that the code was not
failing! Hence when the code imported the new version of the form with the
same name, Excel raised an error saying that the object already exists!

I just tried different order of deleting. I now delete all the forms first
and then go on to delete the Modules and Classes and that works. Don't ask me
why it works but it does.

Alok