Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
IWT IWT is offline

Default Specifying table in Word then creating it in Excel

Hi,

I've not used macros before and I'm not sure if this is possible, so
any help would be greatly appreciated.

What I want to do is specify a table in Word and then run a macro in
Word that would create the corresponding table in Excel.

For example in Word I could have a table with the following:

Row | Column | Data
0 | 0 | aa
0 | 1 | ab
1 | 0 | ba
1 | 1 | bb

which could create the following table in Excel:

1 | 2
1 aa | ab
2 ba | bb

That's the basic idea of what I need to do. I'd also be looking to
place in a default value into the Excel table where a value wasn't
specified in Word, but once I get the basic functionality, I'm sure I
could figure that out.

Many thanks,

Tom