Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Insert Concatenate Formula

Hi!

I am trying to insert a concatenate formula for a https site

i.e =concatenate("https://websiteaddress,"A1",moreurldetail, "B1")

I think im looking for something like

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = " =concatenate("https://websiteaddress",R[1]C[1],
"moreurldetail,"R[1]C[2]")"

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with the formula?
I ask, because as a beginner I have often thought I knew what I needed
and in the end it turned out I was completely wrong.
Whereas, I don't have an answer, maybe if one of the others that reall
*knows* what they are doing knows what your are trying to accomplis
they might be able to steer you better.

Just a thought. :

--
Amber_D_Law
Amber_D_Laws's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3001

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yeah, but...

Do you really want to see "B1" and "A1" in the results or do you want to see the
stuff in cells A1 and B1?

=concatenate("https://websiteaddress,"A1",moreurldetail, "B1")

=hyperlink("https://websiteaddress/" & $a$1 & "moreurldetail" & $b$1)

I'm guessing that you want what's in the cells:

ActiveCell.Formula _
= "=hyperlink(""https://websiteaddress/"" & $a$1 & ""moreurldetail"" & $b$1)"

(I like to use the & operator instead of the =concatenate() function. I find it
easier to read.)

Amber_D_Laws wrote:
What exactly are you trying to accomplish with the formula?
I ask, because as a beginner I have often thought I knew what I needed
and in the end it turned out I was completely wrong.
Whereas, I don't have an answer, maybe if one of the others that reall
*knows* what they are doing knows what your are trying to accomplis
they might be able to steer you better.

Just a thought. :

Dave Peterson