Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is there a way to create dates 7 days apart automatically?

HIya,

I was wondering if Excel 2003, was capable of creating dates
*automatically* 7 days apart?

If I gave Excel an example could it extrapolate from that, the
beginning dates and end dates for the rest of the year?

Here's an ***arbitrary example:*** (all dates are in separate cells)

Jan 1 2006 Jan 8 2006

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

not sure what you want to accomplish.
put 1/1/06 in a1, 1/8/06 in b1, select both cells, click and drag the box in
the lower right corner of b1 (mouse pointer changed to a +) as far across
as you want to go.

--

Gary

wrote in message
HIya,

I was wondering if Excel 2003, was capable of creating dates
*automatically* 7 days apart?

If I gave Excel an example could it extrapolate from that, the
beginning dates and end dates for the rest of the year?

Here's an ***arbitrary example:*** (all dates are in separate cells)

Jan 1 2006 Jan 8 2006

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gary's solution is based on a built in Excel function and works well.
Enter the dates in adjoining cells, select both cells, click the box in the
corner of cell2 and drag it to the right and new dates are automatically
entered based on your selection.
Darned clever these Excel programmers!
Merry Christmas to those that believe
Happy Holidays to those that don't
Lou <hums I'm a believer

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

A1: 1/1/2006
B1: =A1+7

Format both as mmm d yyyy

In article ,
wrote:

HIya,

I was wondering if Excel 2003, was capable of creating dates
*automatically* 7 days apart?

If I gave Excel an example could it extrapolate from that, the
beginning dates and end dates for the rest of the year?

Here's an ***arbitrary example:*** (all dates are in separate cells)

Jan 1 2006 Jan 8 2006

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:57:25 -0500, "Gary Keramidas"
<GKeramidasATmsn.com wrote:

not sure what you want to accomplish.
put 1/1/06 in a1, 1/8/06 in b1, select both cells, click and drag the box in
the lower right corner of b1 (mouse pointer changed to a +) as far across
as you want to go.

Hiya,

I'm trying to create a timesheet for myself.

1/1/06 - 1/8/06
1/9/06 - 1/16/06

And ending at:
December 31, 2006. (or there abouts.)

I don't know if it's possible, but I'd love for Excel to fill in the
blanks so I don't have to.

Thanks in advance.