Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot Table groups Refresh

I have written a plugin for Excel 2003 using exposed APIs in VB.NET and have
following porblems. Please help me out.

The major function of the plugin is to fetch data from a web serivce and
draw Pivot Table, charts for the representation of the data. The problem is
that when I refresh the already drawn pivot table for a changed CSV file the
data area of the pivot table is updated for the newly populated data in the
CSV but the groups made for the fields in rows or columns sections are not
refreshed. These groups can be seen by using the drop downs for the row and
column fields in the pivot table. I want to find a way to refresh these drop
downs on the refresh of the pivot table.

I am using Execl.PivotTable's refresh method to trigger the refresh
operation after retrieving the new data and creating a new CSV file.

Please help me out in this regard.

Waiting for your reply.

Usman Qadri

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Have you tried refreshing the PivotCache?

like this:

dim sODBCConnStr as string
sODBCConnStr = "DBQ=" & sPath & ";DefaultDir=" & sPath _
& ";Driver={Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt; *.csv)};DriverId=27;" _
& "Extensions=asc,csv,tab,txt;FIL=text;MaxBufferSize =2048;MaxScanRows=25;" _
& "PageTimeout=5;SafeTransactions=0;Threads=3;UID=ad min;UserCommitSync=Yes;"
ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches(1).Connection = sODBCConnStr
ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches(1).Refresh

that may help for a completely different data file.

HTH

Philip

"Usman Qadri" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can set the MissingItemsLimit property for the pivot cache, as shown
he

http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html#Clear2002

--
Debra Dalgleish