Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dynamic Calculation

I don't know if there is a non-programming way of doing this in the
Excel, if there is I would definitely prefer that. I need help
otherwise too..Here is what I am trying to do...

I have a cell which shows a value that is a summation of few other cell
values(let's say 1,2,3,...,10). I want to do dynamic summation in a way
that it calculates let's say only those cells which are before cell 4.
So basically, in the foirst month I will have the sum of the values of
only that month. Than in the second i will have the sum of the values
of both the months and so on.

So, basically I wanna show the calculation of values from 1st month to
whatever month we are in right now.

hopefully, somebody will be able to help me..

Thanks,

--
hem3414
hem3414's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29827

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You might check out the built-in "SumIf" function, under the "Math & Trig"
category.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but the SumIf function does
provide some flexibility in conditional summation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
VBA Dabbler

"hem3414" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You don't say how you know which month, but let's assume the datea are in
row 1, amounts in row 2, use

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(1:1)<=MONTH(TODAY())),2:2)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"hem3414" wrote in