Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Debug Excel 2003

I have just upgraded to Excel 2003 and when I use the debugger to "step
through" a program, I can no longer hover over variables to see their
values - is there an option to turn this on?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim

'Show tooltips' under toolsoptionsgeneral in the VBE controls this
(Alt+F11)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Wild_Jim" wrote in message
I have just upgraded to Excel 2003 and when I use the debugger to "step
through" a program, I can no longer hover over variables to see their
values - is there an option to turn this on?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for this, but my option was already ticked.
I have tried various approaches, but I cannot get the thing to work at tun
time. Any more ideas? - It really is a pain not being able to see the values
of variables - Im currently adding a watch, but that is not as easy.

"Wild_Jim" wrote in message
I have just upgraded to Excel 2003 and when I use the debugger to "step
through" a program, I can no longer hover over variables to see their
values - is there an option to turn this on?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In VBA, go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the Editor
tab. There, ensure that "Auto Data Tips" is checked.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson