Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I use a date in a cell for "lookup_value" in HLOOKUP functi

I am using the HLOOKUP function to grab a date in an adjacent cell as the
"lookup_value" (the first argument in the syntax for the function). The date
is in the format of "Sunday, January 1, 2006". I use the function to go to
another worksheet, look across a row, find the date, then return back the
contents of a cell below the referenced date. The problem I am having is
that the HLOOKUP function sees the date as a date in sequential serial number
form. When it tries to look for the date in the other worksheet, it does not
find it and returns "#N/A".