Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open Form (VBA Running) and Application.OnTime

Excel 2002, SP3

I have a workbook that is used to store the weight of each individual bale
along a couple of other items. I did for the longest time have it setup to
save after each entry, which is okay for a while, but as time progresses and
the workbook starts to get somewhat larger, it takes longer and longer
before it allows for more data entry. Yes, you can keep typing as it goes
into a buffer, but you can't see or check it out.

To address this issue, I attempted to use the Application.OnTime command to
have it wait until the entry has been idle for at least 1 full minute prior
to saving, but cause the form is still open, VBA is still considered to be
running, thus prevents the macro being ran by the OnTime method. Currently,
the users of the file has to save the workbook manually before exiting out
of the file.

What do I need to do to get around this issue?

--
Ronald R. Dodge, Jr.
Production Statistician

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can see that in this implementation of a Splash Screen, John Walkenbach
uses application.Ontime from within an open userform to close the userform.
So it is unclear why you say the open form causes application.Ontime not to
run.

Tom Ogilvy