Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Ignoring reference errors

I have a file that on my machine I need it to do things in VBA with other
add-ins. To use those add-ins in Excel, you must create a reference to the
..XLA and then there is VBA code to take advantage of the add-in.

I would like to send this file as a whole to do someone else and not have
library reference errors. There is VBA code with references to this library
spread throughout the various modules. So when a user without this one
library tries to open the file, the VB tries to compile and cannot correctly
do so and therefore renders all the VBA code useless.

Is there a way to get the file to open with regard to these library
problems? And let the rest of the VBA needs get used?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Specifically, where do I find out how to create "conditional compilation
directives?" In the VBA help there is only 1 very short page on it. Is
there better info, somewhere else?

"Jim Rech" wrote:

I think you have to make a different version of your workbook, one with the
references removed and all code calling referenced routines removed or
commented out or put inside conditional compilation directives.

--
Jim
"Mike Jerakis" <Mike wrote in message
|I have a file that on my machine I need it to do things in VBA with other
| add-ins. To use those add-ins in Excel, you must create a reference to
the
| .XLA and then there is VBA code to take advantage of the add-in.
|
| I would like to send this file as a whole to do someone else and not have
| library reference errors. There is VBA code with references to this
library
| spread throughout the various modules. So when a user without this one
| library tries to open the file, the VB tries to compile and cannot
correctly
| do so and therefore renders all the VBA code useless.
|
| Is there a way to get the file to open with regard to these library
| problems? And let the rest of the VBA needs get used?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is there a way to also add a reference to an add-in within conditional
compiliation? Specifically is there a way to make this reference in code only
and not through the VBE interface. So that with a flick of variable I can
decide whether to use an add-in or let the spreadsheet model work without it
entirely? Examples are greatly appreciated. This would solve so many of my
problems when sending files to people. Thanks.

ignoring errors KRK New Users to Excel 2 January 12th 10 12:28 PM
Ignoring #VALUE! errors and MORE!!!!! Romileyrunner1 Excel Worksheet Functions 3 August 26th 09 11:15 AM
SUM ignoring errors Darby Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 July 2nd 08 05:29 PM
Lookup or Reference function ignoring errors JD Excel Worksheet Functions 2 July 24th 07 11:00 PM
Statistical Functions ignoring errors excelBRISKbaby Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 7th 07 08:35 PM