Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Re-number drawing object references

I have a spreadsheet with 13 drawing objects that are bit maps, dropdown
boxes, text boxes, or buttons. Excel has a mind of its own when it
assigns a reference value to the objects. I adds the drawing object
sequenceally.

My problem is that I want to remove drawing object 3 which is a bit map
and replace it with another bit map and I want the new object to be
drawingobject(3). What Excel is doing is removing object 3 and
decrementing all other objects by one and adding the new bit map to the
end of the list.

This is causing problems with the Macros because they are doing direct
addressing.

How do I replace drawingobject(3) with a new object and retain the
current reference structure?

I also noticed that excel increments the object name like the next
picture (bit map) will be Picture 5, even thought I deleted Picture 4.

Gunny

--
Gunny
Gunny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29655

Saving from Excel to MS Office Drawing Object sir23 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 February 19th 08 02:53 AM
Inserting a drawing object into a cell RPrinceton Excel Programming 2 June 10th 05 07:35 PM
Controlling the movement of a drawing object Andrew B[_4_] Excel Programming 1 May 18th 05 01:02 PM
Drawing Object Shawn Excel Programming 2 March 2nd 05 03:04 PM
Drawing object references JASon Excel Programming 2 August 28th 03 10:49 PM