Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formatting calculated totals in a Pivot Table

My pivot table summarizes monetary values and totals these values with the
auto -generated column total and row total. I have formatted the data values
that are displayed but how can I apply the same formatting to the total
column and total row?

So my pivot table looks something like this (as in no dollar signs on the
totals)
Jan Feb Mar Total
categoryA $10 $14 $25 49
categoryB $15 $12 $18 45
Total 25 26 43 94

Anyone any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Actually finally sussed a solution myself...

It goes like this:

' Sets formatting for totals
xlApp.ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Values").PivotSelec t("'Column
Grand Total'", Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.XlPTSelectionMode.x lDataOnly)
xlApp.Selection.NumberFormatLocal = "$#,###,###,##0.00"

' Sets formatting for totals
xlApp.ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Values").PivotSelec t("'Row Grand