Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Please...I beg HELP

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MATCH(A:A,Sheet2!A:A,0)+1,4,4,1, "Sheet2"))

I need help changing this a little, once it finds a match it looks down
2 rows and over 7 rows for the cell containg the word "Productive" and
then go 1 cell over to the right and that is the value I need.

thanks for the help
:(

--
Teerings3
Teerings3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29560

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Terrings3 - I assumed you wanted a worksheet formula and not a vba script.

This formula is on a separate worksheet than "Sheet2" (<<< the sheet you are
trying to analyze). Cell A1 contains the Value you are looking for.

I also assumed where you said "down 2 rows and over 7 rows" you really meant
7 columns.

=IF(INDIRECT("Sheet2!G"&MATCH(A1,Sheet2!A:A,0)+2)= "Productive",INDIRECT("Sheet2!H"&MATCH(A1,Sheet2!A :A,0)+2),"")

Thx
MSweetG222

"Teerings3" wrote:

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MATCH(A:A,Sheet2!A:A,0)+1,4,4,1, "Sheet2"))

I need help changing this a little, once it finds a match it looks down
2 rows and over 7 rows for the cell containg the word "Productive" and
then go 1 cell over to the right and that is the value I need.

thanks for the help
:(

--
Teerings3
Teerings3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29560
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=492741

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Matching all of column A in the sheet with the formula to all of column A in
sheet2, doesn't make much sense. (and your formula doesn't work to produce
anything either).

Then looking for Productive at a specific offset from the found cell - makes
less sense - are you checking whether it is there or not. (I assume you
mean over 7 columns rather than 7 rows).

Perhaps if you were a bit clearer in what you are trying to do you might get
some assistance.

Tom Ogilvy

"Teerings3" wrote
in message ...