Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Finding and Amending a record

Hello,

I am having trouble with what appears to be a simple task! I have a few
forms which I am creating (have previously been here for help on other
aspects of creating these!).

Basically, I have set up a 'menu' form which can take you to one of
three forms, the first form is working great, this one inputs to the
spreadsheet with the data which you input (then press a 'submit'
button). the next form is to go on to the next stage of the record
which is adding more data after 6 months (only two cells). The third
form isnt even nearly done as it is roughly the same as the second form
and once i have done that the last should be a breeze.

The trouble i am having is I have got to the stage where i need to look
up from a unique number to find the right line and then add the two
bits of information to that line, (and then go on to finding the next
record etc etc until you are done adding). I have tried to achieve this
with various snippets of code which others have kindfully added as
solutions to other similar problems but I cannot get anything to do
what i want.

Perhaps i am trying to go to far too quick as although i can learn
things as i go along, before 3 weeks ago i had never touched VB in my
life. I have only just learned the offset command and the xldown and
other small bits!

Perhaps someone could help me with the concept and perhaps explain what
the command does?

(I am pasting a line of code which i have tried to get to work to no
avail)

Selection.Find(What:=Interiminput.regint.Text, After:=ActiveCell,
LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlBycells,
SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False).Activate

Many thanks in anticipation.

Duncan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

(just to add, I tried the vb help and the code it gave as the find done
nothing except fill in the cells with a "5". not very helpful!)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok,

I have managed to get that code to work, It was looking xlbycells and
not xlbyrows, also removed the after as i didnt think i needed it. now
i need to select what i have found so that i can go on to offset and
add info to that row and so on. Is it possible to select it as i havent
really selected that cell so far, it is only finding it within a
selection. have i got that right or am i being stupid?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Please ignore this topic, I have experimented a bit and found the
answer was pretty simple. (it was already selecting the cell when it
found it all i needed to do was start offsetting and putting the data
in)