Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default cells in clippboard?!?

How to put values into the clippboard in macro but with defined formats etc?
I have array of input data which i access via selection property. That data
are processed and now i have to put array of results in clippboard. After
macro ends its work, I'd like to select any part of a worksheet and then
paste an array of formated result data

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you cant.

you can:
hold an array in memory
manaipulate values in array
write array to cells
then format cells.

reserve a range in a sheet
manipulate values and formats in that range
copy the range to destination.

--
keepITcool

Juggernath wrote :

How to put values into the clippboard in macro but with defined
formats etc? I have array of input data which i access via selection
property. That data are processed and now i have to put array of
results in clippboard. After macro ends its work, I'd like to select
any part of a worksheet and then paste an array of formated result
data

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

that's what a cut command does isn't it.
easiest is to do the cut/paste on 1 line.

Sub hmm()

With Range("sheet1!a2:a5")
.Clear
.Value = Application.Transpose(Array(1, 2, 3, 4))
.Font.Bold = True
.Interior.Color = vbRed

'cut/paste it to a specified range
.Cut Range("Sheet3!d4:d7")