Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Tutorial on creating & formating a word doc from excel

Thanks in advance for any help!

I am looking for sites that can teach me how to build code in Excel (2K,
2003) that will creat a word document from an Excel table. And do the word
formatting.

I have tried to search but haven't come up with anything, yet.

Any recommended sites will be appreciated.

thanks...

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Steve,

My best advice on this is to copy things in from Excel as pictures.

I've been building some fairly complex routines recently, and it is FAR FAR
easier to get your formatting, column widths, etc correct in Excel than in
Word.

In this regard, the word code side becomes a case of

1. get the document you are pasting into set up correctly
2. rngInput.CopyPicture from Excel
3. select the place you want to insert to in Word - probably using bookmarks
4. selection.paste

If you need help with a basic example, post back and I'll put something up
here tomorrow. On my way out in a few minutes.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"STEVE BELL" wrote in message
Thanks in advance for any help!

I am looking for sites that can teach me how to build code in Excel (2K,
2003) that will creat a word document from an Excel table. And do the
word formatting.

I have tried to search but haven't come up with anything, yet.

Any recommended sites will be appreciated.

thanks...

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Steve,

see:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/interdev/C...WordFromXL.htm

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gentlemen,

You have been helpful.

I do not want to use the paste-picture method. And I am not talking about
Mail Merge.

Helmut - your suggested site is helpful in getting me started.

Now all I need is a more in-depth understanding of how to take individual
cells out of Excel.
Put them into a word document. Format Font, Paragraph, Line-Spacing, etc.

Basically - control the word process from Excel.

Thanks for the help...