Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Case Select

Hello,

I've written this code to get round the conditional format limit.
The first case tests if the cell 50, but instead of changing the code
i want the cell A30 to hold the criteria as it can change. But using Case
range("A30") doesn't work. Can someone please point me in the write
direction

' This macro is activated everytime a change is made to
' this worksheet (TestArea)
Dim r As Range
Dim cell As Range

'Set the range for the formatting
Set r = Intersect(Range("shtRange"), Target)

' If the change in the worksheet is not in the
' tested range, exit the macro.
If r Is Nothing Then Exit Sub

'Change to formatting of the cell that changed.
For Each cell In Range("BoxRange")
With cell
Select Case cell
Case Is 50 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
.Interior.ColorIndex = Range("Condition").Offset(1, 2)
Case 2
.Interior.ColorIndex = 2
Case 3
.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
Case 4
.Interior.ColorIndex = 4
Case 5
.Interior.ColorIndex = 5
Case 6
.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
Case 7
.Interior.ColorIndex = 7
Case 8
.Interior.ColorIndex = 8
Case 9
.Interior.ColorIndex = 9
Case 10
.Interior.ColorIndex = 10
Case Else
.Interior.ColorIndex = 0

End Select

End With
Next

End Sub

Many thanks

Select Case ignored Preschool Mike Excel Worksheet Functions 4 September 9th 09 08:12 PM
Case without Select Case error problem Ayo Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 May 16th 08 03:48 PM
SELECT CASE - Which Row am I on? Craigm[_15_] Excel Programming 1 June 27th 05 08:18 PM
Case Select Kelly Excel Programming 6 March 16th 05 01:29 PM
For Each with Select Case helmekki[_28_] Excel Programming 2 October 15th 04 03:23 AM