Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Case Select

' This macro is activated everytime a change is made to
' this worksheet (TestArea)
Dim r As Range
Dim cell As Range

'Set the range for the formatting
Set r = Intersect(Range("shtRange"), Target)

' If the change in the worksheet is not in the
' tested range, exit the macro.
If r Is Nothing Then Exit Sub

'Change to formatting of the cell that changed.
Select Case Target.Value
Case Is 50
.Interior.ColorIndex = Range("Condition").Offset(1, 2)
Case 2
.Interior.ColorIndex = 2
Case 3
.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
Case 4
.Interior.ColorIndex = 4
Case 5
.Interior.ColorIndex = 5
Case 6
.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
Case 7
.Interior.ColorIndex = 7
Case 8
.Interior.ColorIndex = 8
Case 9
.Interior.ColorIndex = 9
Case 10
.Interior.ColorIndex = 10
Case Else
.Interior.ColorIndex = 0
End Select

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jimbola" wrote in message
Hello,

I've written this code to get round the conditional format limit.
The first case tests if the cell 50, but instead of changing the

code
i want the cell A30 to hold the criteria as it can change. But using

Case
range("A30") doesn't work. Can someone please point me in the write
direction

' This macro is activated everytime a change is made to
' this worksheet (TestArea)
Dim r As Range
Dim cell As Range

'Set the range for the formatting
Set r = Intersect(Range("shtRange"), Target)

' If the change in the worksheet is not in the
' tested range, exit the macro.
If r Is Nothing Then Exit Sub

'Change to formatting of the cell that changed.
For Each cell In Range("BoxRange")
With cell
Select Case cell
Case Is 50 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
.Interior.ColorIndex = Range("Condition").Offset(1, 2)
Case 2
.Interior.ColorIndex = 2
Case 3
.Interior.ColorIndex = 3