Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default collecting data based on dates requirement

I need to be able to collect data based on date requirement (anything in a
particular month). Can I do this with a macro?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Christa,

Perhaps you could use Excel's built in Autofilter feature.

See also Ron de bruin's EasyFilter addin which may be freely downloaded at:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

---
Regards,
Norman

"Christa" wrote in message
I need to be able to collect data based on date requirement (anything in a
particular month). Can I do this with a macro?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JR JR is offline

....You can setup a few formuals to do this...
B C D E F G
2 10/1/2005 23 10 10/1/2005 10
3 10/9/2005 44 10 11/1/2005 11
4 10/12/200546 10 12/1/2005 12
5 11/3/2005 82 11
6 11/5/2005 21 11
7 11/20/200512 11
8
9
10 10 October 113
11 11 November 115
12 12 December 0

Somewhere off to the right (columns F and G in this example) make a table
using the first of every month (01/01/05, 02/01/05, etc.) In the next
column, type the numerical month value (1, 2, etc.) Then use the following
vlookup formula in column D, right next to your data...
=VLOOKUP(B2,$F$2:$G$4,2,TRUE) This will put a given month's numerical value
beside it, then copy this formula down the length of your data. The next
step is to create a table like the one in C10 - D12 above. Now, in E10, to
the right of "October", type the following SUMIF formula, based on your data
table... =SUMIF($D$2:$D$7,C10,$C$2:$C$7) What this says is that we are
looking in D2 thru D7 for the value that is in C10 and when we find it, sum
the values in C2 thru C7.

Sounds complicated but, it's really simple. Create a date table... use that
table to put "date numbers" beside your data... create a table to sum your
data based on date. Hope this helps.