Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default "Select All" checkbox (or any other form tool)

Hello,

I need to be able to check off one box and have an entire section of
boxes be checked off with it )like on a website form).

What's the best way to go about doing this? Can a function be used, or
does it have to be a macro?

I'm not a great excel programmer, so, please, be gentle...

Thanks very much,
Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That can only be done with a macro. There are two types of check boxes that
you might have. One comes off the forms toolbar and the other comes off the
Control Toolbox. They are different. My preference would be to use the ones
off of the Control Toolbox for this but either one will work.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

" wrote:

Hello,

I need to be able to check off one box and have an entire section of
boxes be checked off with it )like on a website form).

What's the best way to go about doing this? Can a function be used, or
does it have to be a macro?

I'm not a great excel programmer, so, please, be gentle...

Thanks very much,
Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok, thanks. Now how would I do that? Sorry, I'm new to this.

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry about being gone so long... Christmas Lunch. I just can't pass up free
food.

Try this. Check boxes are from the control toolbox. My assumption is that
the first box added is the one you want to be the select all.

Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
Dim cbx As OLEObject
Dim wks As Worksheet

Set wks = Sheets("Sheet1")