Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Scheduling Field Staff using Excel (perhaps Networkdays function)

I am a Ph.D. student who has several other students going into the
field throughout the summer and I need to know when and where they are
so I do not double book them. What I would like to do is make a Gantt
chart for these students by entering the dates of when they go out and
come back into the first 12 - 15 colums (i.e. several trips following
each other on the same row). Then I would like Excel to format column
cells, that represent the days of the months, for those days that the
students are away (each student being in a separate row). I have tried
to use MS Project but this does not have the capacity to do this. Now
I would like to use excel. Not sure if I am clear on this so don't
hesitate to ask questions for clarification.

If anyone has ventured down this road I would appreciate any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
See if the following wil help (creating a Gantt chart in Excel) or
search web ("Gantt charts in Excel").

If not, can you give an example of your data and how you want the output i.e.

Paired Start and End dates?
Each column respresenting one day? (Excel imit of 256 columns)?

HTH