-   -   shortcut key versus F5 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/347729-shortcut-key-versus-f5.html)

Wim VL[_2_]

shortcut key versus F5

My macro - containing 4 inputboxes and generating 2 tables and corresponding
charts - is running very well by F5, but gives a 424 object error when I use
the designated short cut key. It is clear that it jumps over the second
inputbox and that it - further on but probably not in relation to the first
problem - does not identify a certain dataset, although it is dimensioned and
set. What solution do you suggest?
I also tried "i = DoEvents" but it doesn't seem to work.

JNW

shortcut key versus F5

have you tried creating a button to run the code? If that doesn't work, try
posting the code.

"Wim VL" wrote:

My macro - containing 4 inputboxes and generating 2 tables and corresponding
charts - is running very well by F5, but gives a 424 object error when I use
the designated short cut key. It is clear that it jumps over the second
inputbox and that it - further on but probably not in relation to the first
problem - does not identify a certain dataset, although it is dimensioned and
set. What solution do you suggest?
I also tried "i = DoEvents" but it doesn't seem to work.

Wim VL[_2_]

shortcut key versus F5

Thank you JNW. I could solve the problem by changing the order of some of my
codes.