Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks not working

Excel version: 11 (2003 SP2)
OS: WXP SP2

In a procedure to print user-specified pages, I have a section of the
code that forces manual page breaks but the pages breaks are not taking
effect. The procedure itself is long - some 300 lines. In summary,
before the code that supposed to set the pages, the procedu

- Asks the financial quarter the user wants to print
- Then asks how many pages the user wants to print
- Sets the PrintArea accordingly

Then follows this code:

Code:
--------------------
' Remove all manual page breaks
ActiveSheet.ResetAllPageBreaks
' We set-up important PageSetup parameters set at beginning,
' so just set PrintArea
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.PrintArea = PA_PrintRange
End With
With ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks
' Force specific horizontal page breaks
.Add Befo=ActiveSheet.Range("B53") ' Page 1
.Add Befo=ActiveSheet.Range("B96") ' Page 2
.Add Befo=ActiveSheet.Range("B139") ' Page 3
End With

--------------------

When I put the ActiveSheet into PageView mode and step through the
".Add Before" statements, nothing at all happens.

Since I'm dealing with protected sheets, prior to the above code the
procedure unprotects the worksheet.

What have I done incorrectly?

Thanks,

- Al

--
GoFigure
GoFigure's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4274

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Al,

I am using Excel 2000 on Windows XP. This code should work on you
system as well. Just make sure when you set the print area it include
Row 139.

Code
-------------------

' Remove all manual page breaks
ActiveSheet.ResetAllPageBreaks
' We set-up important PageSetup parameters set at beginning,
' so just set PrintArea
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.PrintArea = PA_PrintRange
End With
With ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks
' Force specific horizontal page breaks
.Add .Range("B53") ' Page 1
.Add .Range("B96") ' Page 2
.Add .Range("B139") ' Page 3
End With

-------------------

Sincerely,
Leith Ros

--
Leith Ros
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1846

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Make sure you are not using FitToPagesTall and or FitToPagesWide

Tom Ogilvy

"GoFigure" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks everyone.

Oh, but Tom, I am using FitToPagesTall and FitToPagesWide. This code i
the "We set-up important PageSetup parameters at beginning":

Code
-------------------
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.PrintTitleRows = "$3:$9"
.PrintTitleColumns = "$A:$A"
.Zoom = False
.FitToPagesWide = 1
.FitToPagesTall = 3
.Orientation = xlPortrait
.TopMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.82)
.BottomMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.57)
.HeaderMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.28)
.FooterMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.26)
.PrintHeadings = False
.PrintGridlines = False
.PrintArea = ""
End With