Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Forgotten Password

Dear everyone I have an Excel file which validates data that a user has
entered, I need to update this but alas after 2 years plus of using this
workbook I have forgotten the password I used to protect the VBA code from
tampering and also the workbook, it appears so much so that even I cannot
update it. Is there a way I can retreive my password, I know exactly what
the syntax is and what the Module name is.

The Module I created is called "Program"
The line of code would be varPassword = "???????????" , I use this syntax
all the time to protect and unprotect during copying and pasting of data and
validation of whats been entered by the user.

Is it possible for me to retieve this line of syntax from within the module
so that I can unprotect the module and update the syntax?

I really do not relishing starting from scratch , I have 16 plus routines of
ruling code to validate the users data within the module.

thanks

Macroman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Go to Google. Type in "Excel, Password". Take your pick...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Macroman" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are a bunch of them in there. To unprotect the code they all charge a
fee that I know of. You probably want to refine the search a bit though.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson