Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Print number of copies box

Hello Programmers!

I have this code to print a portion of a worksheet.

Sub PrintLogsheet()
'
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Range("A1:M37").Select
Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
Range("A1").Select
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

How do I insert code, that when I click the macro button, a box pops up
asking how many copies to print? After entering the required amount,
click OK, then the code continues out to print the copies.

Thanks,
EMoe

--
EMoe
EMoe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23183

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello,

The following is some code that i put together to print out copies of a
merge after running a find to show the right one. maybe if you altered
this a bit you get it to do what you want? not sure mind, might be a
better way. (P.s im probly gonna get a caning for using the GoTo
command but then im not really much of a developer just a simple
bloke!) (P.s it loops until you press cancel)

ln18:
Documents("Test Merge TP1.doc").Activate
WordBasic.mailmergefindentry
Documents("Test Merge TP1.doc").Activate

' this lot is a message box to print it or not
Dim prompt, title, response
Dim style As Integer
prompt = "Would you like to print this TP1?
Yes = Print, No = Search again, Cancel = Close"
style = vbYesNoCancel + vbQuestion
title = "Print?"
response = MsgBox(prompt, style, title)
If response = vbYes Then
ActiveDocument.PrintOut
GoTo ln18
Else
If response = vbNo Then
GoTo ln18
Else
If response = vbCancel Then
ActiveDocument.Protect
wdAllowOnlyFormFields, no, ""
Documents("Test Merge TP1.doc").Close (no)
Documents("Print.doc").Activate

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub PrintLogsheet()
Dim num as String
num = InputBox("enter number of copies")
if num = "" then
num = 1
elseif not isnumeric(num) then
num = 1
end if
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Range("A1:M37").Select
Selection.PrintOut Copies:=clng(num), Collate:=True

"EMoe" wrote in message

Hello Programmers!

I have this code to print a portion of a worksheet.

Sub PrintLogsheet()
'
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Range("A1:M37").Select
Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
Range("A1").Select
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

How do I insert code, that when I click the macro button, a box pops up
asking how many copies to print? After entering the required amount,
click OK, then the code continues out to print the copies.

Thanks,
EMoe

--
EMoe
EMoe's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=491788

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Duncan, I will look over what you've submitted.

EMoe

--
EMoe
EMoe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23183
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=491788

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom, this is exactly what I needed. I tried it and it work
great.

Thanks again too for all your help in my many previous threads. :)

Regards,
EMoe :

--
EMo