Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot Table - Purge old data

I have several pivot tables in a spreadsheet. There is a primary pivot table
called "Main" and many secondary Tables which use the Main table as the
source.

The data in Main keeps changing from week to week. However, I find that in
pivot table drop downs there are values which do not exist in the current
sheet. These values were there in the last week's data but not in this
week's. Though they appear in the drop down, they dont appear in the table.

Any idea as to why this is happening? How can I purge old data from the
Pivot tables?

Thanks
Eshwar
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

To do it manually, just drag the relevant field out of the PT, do a Refresh,
then drag the field back to its require position.

To do it programmatically there is some code at Debra Dalgleish's site

Regards

Roger Govier

Eshwar wrote:
I have several pivot tables in a spreadsheet. There is a primary pivot table
called "Main" and many secondary Tables which use the Main table as the
source.

The data in Main keeps changing from week to week. However, I find that in
pivot table drop downs there are values which do not exist in the current
sheet. These values were there in the last week's data but not in this
week's. Though they appear in the drop down, they dont appear in the table.

Any idea as to why this is happening? How can I purge old data from the
Pivot tables?

Thanks
Eshwar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I cut and pasted the code at http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html but
could not get it to work. I don't know VBA, btw. I right clicked the tab and
got the code window and dropped in the code and saved the file. What else
should I do?
Bob