Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SHIFT doesn't prevent macro from running at startup

Hello,

I have a bit of a problem. I have a macro that uses Workbook_Open to fire
at startup. I amended it so that it closed the application when done. Now
I can't get back in to it. I thought this wouldn't be a problem because I
could simply hold down the shift key and it prevent it from running, but it
isn't working. Please help. This macro has taken ages to piece together
and it is pretty much finished. Just a few tweaks and now I can't get into
it. Tried to import with VBA and that hasn't worked!! What can I do?

TIA,

Jarryd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If your startup macros are anything like mine, you remove the toolbar
and menu bars to restrict user options. If this is the case, this i
what I do when I get caught in macro hell. When the macro is don
executing and a screen is displayed, just press the Ctrl + w. This wil
ask if you want to close the workbook. Just answer no and you shoul
have all your toolbars and menus back.

But I have never had the shift key not work, so this is just a stab i
the dark

--
Bruce00
Bruce001's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2663

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If that doesn't work you can always open excel (without a open workbook),
change your macro security Tools - Macro - Security and set it to high.
Opening the workbook with the macro in it should prompt you to enable /
disable macros. Disable them, then you can get in.

hth

"Bruce001" wrote:

If your startup macros are anything like mine, you remove the toolbars
and menu bars to restrict user options. If this is the case, this is
what I do when I get caught in macro hell. When the macro is done
executing and a screen is displayed, just press the Ctrl + w. This will
ask if you want to close the workbook. Just answer no and you should
have all your toolbars and menus back.

But I have never had the shift key not work, so this is just a stab in
the dark.

--
Bruce001
Bruce001's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26630