Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Transform different values?

I've tried to look through the most of the MSDN to find some info about
transforming in this case steps (the measuring with step motors) to
millimeter. So far I've found:

CentimetersToPoints

InchesToPoints

PointsToScreenpixels

but none of were the one I was looking for sadly enough.

Anyone maybe have an idea or a tip?

best regards - Gobiten

--
Gobiten
Gobiten's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29217

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel knows nothing about step motors, so you need to supply the formula.
The motor spec/documentation should tell you the conversion factor; you then
need to put this into an Excel formula: e.g. say the # of steps is in cell
A2 and you want to calculate mm in B2; if mm/step = 0.02 then the formula for
B2 would be:
= A2 * 0.02
Or, to make this into a user function
Const mmPerStep = 0.02
Public Function StepsTomm(Steps as Integer) as Single
StepsTomm = Steps * mmPerStep
End Function
Or, vice-versa
Public Function mmToSteps(mm as Single) as Integer
mmToSteps = Round((mm / mmPerStep),0)
End Function
--
- K Dales

"Gobiten" wrote:

I've tried to look through the most of the MSDN to find some info about
transforming in this case steps (the measuring with step motors) to
millimeter. So far I've found:

CentimetersToPoints

InchesToPoints

PointsToScreenpixels

but none of were the one I was looking for sadly enough.

Anyone maybe have an idea or a tip?

best regards - Gobiten

--
Gobiten
Gobiten's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29217
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=491073

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks mate )
good day to you

regards - Gobiten

--
Gobiten
Gobiten's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29217
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=491073

How I transform a row into a column? Mosqui Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 January 19th 07 08:30 PM
Table Transform James Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 December 5th 06 07:57 PM
Transform macro JA[_3_] Excel Programming 1 December 1st 04 01:15 PM
Transform. TOM Excel Programming 9 May 21st 04 05:14 AM
Transform columns with VBA Michael E. Excel Programming 5 May 1st 04 05:57 PM