Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Autofilter in a userform

Hi, I'm tryng to make a userform whe
A B C D E
1 sIMON FLETE 1/4
2 SIMON ILDIO 1/2
3 SIMON FLETE 1
4
5 LEON FSTR 1/4
6 LEON FSFR 1/4

appears a kind of autofilter, I mean, if I select in combobox1 the SIMON
option then in combobox 2 appears just FLETE and ILDIO, if FLETE is selected
then appears in combobox3 1/4 and 1, and so on
Thanks in advance
ANY HELP WILL BE USEFULL
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Filo666,

See xlDynamic's page on Dependendent Dropdowns:

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Dropdowns.html

---
Regards,
Norman

"filo666" wrote in message
Hi, I'm tryng to make a userform whe
A B C D E
1 sIMON FLETE 1/4
2 SIMON ILDIO 1/2
3 SIMON FLETE 1
4
5 LEON FSTR 1/4
6 LEON FSFR 1/4

appears a kind of autofilter, I mean, if I select in combobox1 the SIMON
option then in combobox 2 appears just FLETE and ILDIO, if FLETE is
selected
then appears in combobox3 1/4 and 1, and so on
Thanks in advance
ANY HELP WILL BE USEFULL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is some code. Just add it to the userform.

Option Explicit

Private Sub ComboBox1_Click()
PopulateCombobox2
End Sub

Private Sub ComboBox2_Click()
PopulateCombobox3
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

With ComboBox1
.AddItem "Simon"
.AddItem "Leon"
.ListIndex = 0
End With

End Sub
Private Sub PopulateCombobox2()
If ComboBox1.ListIndex = -1 Then
Exit Sub
End If
With ComboBox2
.Clear
If ComboBox1 = "Simon" Then
.AddItem "Flete"
.AddItem "Ildio"
ElseIf ComboBox1 = "Leon" Then
.AddItem "FSTR"
End If
.ListIndex = 0
End With
End Sub
Private Sub PopulateCombobox3()
If ComboBox2.ListIndex = -1 Then
Exit Sub
End If
With ComboBox3
.Clear
If ComboBox2 = "Flete" Then
.AddItem "1/4"
.AddItem "1"
ElseIf ComboBox2 = "Ildio" Then
.AddItem "1/2"
ElseIf ComboBox2 = "FSTR" Then
.AddItem "1/4"
End If
.ListIndex = 0
End With
End Sub

Alok

"filo666" wrote:

Hi, I'm tryng to make a userform whe
A B C D E
1 sIMON FLETE 1/4
2 SIMON ILDIO 1/2
3 SIMON FLETE 1
4
5 LEON FSTR 1/4
6 LEON FSFR 1/4

appears a kind of autofilter, I mean, if I select in combobox1 the SIMON
option then in combobox 2 appears just FLETE and ILDIO, if FLETE is selected
then appears in combobox3 1/4 and 1, and so on
Thanks in advance
ANY HELP WILL BE USEFULL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Norman: What I need it's a little bit more complex, the values of combobox1
are in the "ActiveSheet.Range("A3", Range("A65535").End(xlUp)).Cells.Value"
(means from a3 to the last value of the sheet); combobox2
"ActiveSheet.Range("B3", Range("B65535").End(xlUp)).Cells.Value" and
combobox3 ActiveSheet.Range("C3", Range("C65535").End(xlUp)).Cells.Value"
I start making a macro to get the values of the column A (I mean, as in
column A there are a lot of values aprx 2000 and among this 2000 there are a
lot of values that are equals, as well as the "" values) and it works fine,
this macro could be used to obtain values to combobox 2 and 3, but, HOW TO
MAKE THE RALITIONS AMONG THE TREE OF THEM?????
TKS

"filo666" wrote in message
Hi, I'm tryng to make a userform whe
A B C D E
1 sIMON FLETE 1/4
2 SIMON ILDIO 1/2
3 SIMON FLETE 1
4
5 LEON FSTR 1/4
6 LEON FSFR 1/4

appears a kind of autofilter, I mean, if I select in combobox1 the SIMON
option then in combobox 2 appears just FLETE and ILDIO, if FLETE is
selected
then appears in combobox3 1/4 and 1, and so on
Thanks in advance
ANY HELP WILL BE USEFULL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi try the following.
Past the following in the Form's code module

Option Explicit
Dim col As New Collection
Dim cola As New Collection
Dim colb As New Collection
Dim colc As New Collection

Private Sub ComboBox1_Click()
PopulateCombobox2
End Sub

Private Sub ComboBox2_Click()
PopulateCombobox3
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Dim i%

PopulateCollections
With ComboBox1
For i = 1 To cola.Count
.AddItem cola.Item(i)
Next i
.ListIndex = 0
End With

End Sub
Private Sub PopulateCombobox2()
Dim i%
Dim oC As Class1
If ComboBox1.ListIndex = -1 Then
Exit Sub
End If

Set colb = New Collection
For i = 1 To col.Count
Set oC = col.Item(i)
If oC.a = ComboBox1 Then
On Error Resume Next
colb.Add Item:=oC.b, Key:=oC.b
On Error GoTo 0
End If
Next i
With ComboBox2
.Clear
For i = 1 To colb.Count
.AddItem colb.Item(i)
Next i
If .ListCount 0 Then
.ListIndex = 0
End If
End With
End Sub
Private Sub PopulateCombobox3()
Dim i%
Dim oC As Class1
If ComboBox1.ListIndex = -1 Or ComboBox2.ListIndex = -1 Then
Exit Sub
End If

Set colc = New Collection
For i = 1 To col.Count
Set oC = col.Item(i)
If oC.a = ComboBox1 And oC.b = ComboBox2 Then
On Error Resume Next
colc.Add Item:=oC.c, Key:=oC.c
On Error GoTo 0
End If
Next i
With ComboBox3
.Clear
For i = 1 To colc.Count
.AddItem colc.Item(i)
Next i
If .ListCount 0 Then
.ListIndex = 0
End If
End With
End Sub

Private Sub PopulateCollections()
Dim sKey$
Dim r&
Dim oC As Class1
Dim a$, b$, c$

With Sheet1
For r = 1 To .UsedRange.Rows.Count
a = .Cells(r, 1).Value
b = .Cells(r, 2).Value
c = .Cells(r, 3).Value
If a < "" And b < "" And c < "" Then
On Error Resume Next
Set oC = New Class1
oC.a = a
oC.b = b
oC.c = c
col.Add Item:=oC, Key:=a & b & c

cola.Add Item:=a, Key:=a

On Error GoTo 0
End If
Next r
End With

End Sub

Post the following in a Class module called Class1

Option Explicit

Public a As String
Public b As String
Public c As String