Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Home or Ctrl-Home

Please tell me the VBA code for these keystrokes
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Home =
Cells(ActiveCell.Row,"A").Select

Ctrl+Home=
Range("A1").Select

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"noyb" wrote in message
Please tell me the VBA code for these keystrokes
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Noyb,

Try:

ActiveCell.EntireRow.Cells(1).Select

Cells(1).Select

However, using VBA, it is rarely necessary to make selections and it is
frequently inefficient to do so.

Noramally, a better approach would be to set the required cell to a range
variable and manipulate the variable, e.g:

Dim Rng as Range

Set Rng = ActiveCell.EntireRow.Cells(1)
Rng.Interior.ColorIndex = 6

---
Regards,
Norman

"noyb" wrote in message
Please tell me the VBA code for these keystrokes
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, but, let me restate. I have a number of worksheets I want to
cycle through and get the selected cell to the top left of the
non-frozen part of each sheet. The number of frozen rows and columns
differs from sheet to sheet. Is it possible to so this without having to
hard code the location for each sheet. ie: the vba equivalent of
"Ctrl+Home" with frozen panes.
Thanks again

Chip Pearson wrote:
Home =
Cells(ActiveCell.Row,"A").Select

Ctrl+Home=
Range("A1").Select

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It took me forever and a day to find this one...

Cells(ActiveWindow.ActivePane.ScrollRow,
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.ScrollColumn).Select

Chip Pearson wrote:
Home =
Cells(ActiveCell.Row,"A").Select

Ctrl+Home=
Range("A1").Select

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Charlie,

This takes you to the top left of the "displayed" page but does not force to
the same place that <Ctrl <Home does (the top/left corner of the "unfrozen"
pane). My macro hides/reveals certain columns and I want to set the cursor
the top/left of the "unfrozen" window as determined by the "Freeze Panes"
command (i.e. regardless of where the cursor has been scrolled to and
regardless of the presence/absence of hidden columns).

I have tried to use SendKeys but am having difficulty get the code to work
reliably given my limited knowledge/experience.

Anyone have a suggestion?