Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Any Help with a Simple Function?

Hello All,
I am having the hardest time coming up with an answer to what is
seemingly the easiest function of Excel. I have Loop Until Statement that
gets me the absolute value of a column and lists it into the next column
over. I have it looped because there is no definitive ending point of how
many rows there may be, one day 5, the next day 205. I can get that done,
but what seems the most simple, I just can't figure out. How do I code it
to Sum the total of the 2nd column? Here is the code I have:

Sub Count_Cases()
Range("M5").Select
Do
ActiveCell.Value = Abs(ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1))
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop Until IsEmpty(ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1))
<<<Here is where I need it to Total all of the values in this column
starting with "M5" through: ActiveCell.Offset (-1,0){This is where I get
confused, I can't define the Active Cell and use FormulaR1C1, or can I?}
End Sub

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jacob