Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multilevel Ranges

I have a workbook with several worksheets including three (GraphData, HubsAmt
and HubsBal) that are setup the same but hold different totals. I have been
able to setup Named Ranges on each of the the 3 sheets using common names...
I believe this is called multilevel ranges.

Now I am manually trying to add another range (ConsHubDir) on each of the
three sheets but it only remembers the last one setup up. For example: I
select the range on the HubsBal sheet, goto Insert/Name/Define and type in
ConsHubDir and hit Add and then OK. Now I click on the GraphData sheet and
do the same thing.

Then if I switch back to HubsBal and do F5 and select ConsHunDir it takes me
to the GraphData range not the HubsBal range.

What seems to be the problem here? Thanks for any input!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Worksheet level names or local names (as opposed to Workbook level names or
global names).

My bet is you created a workbook level name and it's confusing excel.

You could delete that name and start again or you could use Jan Karel Pieterse's
(with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

It has the ability to convert names with a click of the button.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just to add to Dave's good advice, Workbook - Level names are created by
default. But I think you are looking for a Worksheet-level name. Create like
this

mySheet!ConsHubDir

On it's own sheet, refer to it simply as =ConsHubDir. To refer to same on
other sheets then qualify with sheet-name!ConsHubDir (exclamation in the
middle)

If sheet name has spaces or some other particular characters embrace with
apostrophe's

Regards,
Peter T