Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Update PivotCache

I have a workbook (wbStat) that gathers statistics from data on another
workbook (wbDb). In wbStat I have a Pivot table based on data from wbDb. The
problem I'm experiencing is when I try to update the Pivot table. I use the
following code in wsStat:

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
openDbr ' Opens wsDb
wb.Worksheets("Stats").PivotTables("Stat").PivotCa che.Refresh
wbDb.Close (False)
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

The code works fine when I open the spreadsheet directly using Excel.
However, I have a link on the Intranet that opens up the spreadsheet. When
using this link the above code does not work. I'm prompted to type the
password for wsDb (window does not appear when wsStat is opened directly in
Excel) and then following error message;

Run-time error '1004'

I get this error message regardless if I type the correct password or not.

I have changed the settings for *.xls files to make sure that the workbook
is opened in a separate window (not an IE window because then none of the
macros work). Could there be some other Internet/file option that I have to
change in order to get this to work?

Thankful for any ideas!

/Jonas