Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using position() in XmlDataQuery

In Excel 2003 Professional, is it possible to do the following using
XmlDataQuery - ie: use the "position()" function in the XPath:

CType(ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1),
Excel.Worksheet).XmlDataQuery("/Doc/LineItem[position()=1]/Field")

Where the XML in the map is:

<Doc
<Stuff/
<MoreStuff/
<LineItem
<FieldFirstField</Field
</LineItem
<LineItem
<FieldSecondField</Field
</LineItem
</Doc

And have it return the cell for the "SecondField "? The XmlDataQuery
always throws an exception for me.

The reason I ask is because I need to find the cell and change it's
background colour. I only have the XML available, and it's the XML
that's telling me which cell to modify.

Thanks,