Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formula to return initials of a name

I am using Office 2003 on Windows XP.

I need a formula that will return the first two initials of a name in a cell.

For example, if the name "John Smith" or "john smith" is entered in a cell,
I need the formula in another cell to evaluate to "JS".

This only needs to work for the first two names in the cell, for example:
"John Henry Smith, Jr." or "J. H. Smith" or "j h smith" should return "JH".

Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.