Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Putting a space in an R1C1 formula

Hello.

I have tried quotes, double quotes and other methods without success. I am
trying to create an R1C1 formula that looks something like the following:

"=RC[6] &" & " " & " & Text(RC[7],"mm/yy")"

So the resulting formula on the worksheet should be:

=Z6 & " " & Text(AA6,"mm/yy")

This is so I can concatenate a stock ticker and the month/year and insert
this string on a chart.

Thanks,
CKD
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Caro-Kann Defence,

Try:

= "=RC[6] & "" "" & TEXT(RC[7],""mm/yy"")"

---
Regards,
Norman

"Caro-Kann Defence" wrote in
message ...
Hello.

I have tried quotes, double quotes and other methods without success. I am
trying to create an R1C1 formula that looks something like the following:

"=RC[6] &" & " " & " & Text(RC[7],"mm/yy")"

So the resulting formula on the worksheet should be:

=Z6 & " " & Text(AA6,"mm/yy")

This is so I can concatenate a stock ticker and the month/year and insert
this string on a chart.

Thanks,
CKD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try so:

"=RC[6] &""" """ & Text(RC[7],"mm/yy")"

for each quote yuu need to use in quote period you have to use doubl
quot

--
antoka0
antoka05's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2902

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks! I guess I didn't go far enough (triple quotes!)

Thanks again (all that responded).

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try

"=RC[6]&" & """ """ & "&Text(RC[7],""mm/yy"")"

--

HTH

RP

"Caro-Kann Defence" wrote in
message ...
Hello.

I have tried quotes, double quotes and other methods without success. I am
trying to create an R1C1 formula that looks something like the following:

"=RC[6] &" & " " & " & Text(RC[7],"mm/yy")"

So the resulting formula on the worksheet should be:

=Z6 & " " & Text(AA6,"mm/yy")

This is so I can concatenate a stock ticker and the month/year and insert
this string on a chart.

Thanks,
CKD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That is one to signify start of a text string, two for the first quotes ( so
that it doesn't get read as end string text), space, two for the end quotes,
and one to close the text string. Obvious really :-))

Bob

"Caro-Kann Defence" wrote in
message ...
Thanks! I guess I didn't go far enough (triple quotes!)

Thanks again (all that responded).

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try