Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Insert data automatically

I am trying to search this database to see if a customer is already in there
while entering a new row of information. If I enter another Arrow plastics
under customer for instance, I would like the sales person to be entered in
that column automaticallly. Can anyone help? I've tried vlookup but this dont
work.

In the example below: the sales person for Arrow plasics have already been
entered. The next time I put in data for Arrow plastics I want the sales
person (Joe Little) automatically.

Asset # Date Location Sales Person Customer

x 70000 October 25, 2005 Customer Joe Little Arrow Plastics
x 70001 October 25, 2005 Customer Arrow Plastics
x 70002 October 25, 2005 SHOP
x 70003 October 26, 2006 Customer Bay Valley
x 70004 October 26, 2006 Customer Bay Valley
x 70005 October 27, 2006 Customer Vesuvius
x 70006 October 27, 2006 Customer Vesuvius