Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to change chart properties given command from cell

I would liket to write a macro that creates a chart with variable properties.
I would like the properties and the actual property command to be listed in a
workbook. For example, just say I have the following data in a worksheet
Property Name Value Excel command
Font Size 12 .Font.size
Font Bold True .Font.bold
Font Italic False .Font.Italiic

I would like to be able to iterate through the rows and assign the value to
the Excel command with a macro. This means I can easily add new commands to
change the chart properties by adding new rows on the spreadsheet without any
actual macro programming. Is this possible? How is it done? We are currently
using Office 97 at work.

Thanks for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can't pick up your column C as a text string and execute it. You would
have to write something to interpret it using a bunch of case statements/if
statements - so you would essentially prewrite all your code.

Also, it is unclear what .Font.Size pertains to in your chart.

Tom Ogilvy