Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how do i sum dollars & cents in different columns

In my account sheet I need to have dollars in the first column and cents in
the second. For my total row I would like to be able to have everything sum
(dollars and cents) and then be displayed as it is above (dollars in the
first column and cents in the second) How in the world is this done??? email
me at
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=SUM(A1:A10)+INT(SUM(B1:B10))

for the dollars

=SUM(B1:B10)-INT(SUM(B1:B10))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Eric" wrote in message
In my account sheet I need to have dollars in the first column and cents

in
the second. For my total row I would like to be able to have everything

sum
(dollars and cents) and then be displayed as it is above (dollars in the
first column and cents in the second) How in the world is this done???

email
me at

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:16:04 -0800, "Eric"
wrote:

In my account sheet I need to have dollars in the first column and cents in
the second. For my total row I would like to be able to have everything sum
(dollars and cents) and then be displayed as it is above (dollars in the
first column and cents in the second) How in the world is this done??? email
me at

Do you want to sum them separately, getting results like

DollarSum: $123
CentsSum: 947¢ (947 cents)

or do you want to sum them together, getting results like:

DollarSum: $132
CentsSum: 47¢ (47 cents)

With the Dollars in ColA and the cents in ColB

For the first option:

DollarSum: =SUM(A:A)
CentsSum: =SUM(B:B)

For the second Option:

DollarSum: =SUM(A:A)+INT(SUM(B:B)/100)
CentsSum: =MOD(SUM(B:B)/100,1)*100

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I need to be able to enter cents as whole numbers (not as 0.12 but as 12)

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUM(A1:A10)+INT(SUM(B1:B10))

for the dollars

=SUM(B1:B10)-INT(SUM(B1:B10))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Eric" wrote in message
In my account sheet I need to have dollars in the first column and cents

in
the second. For my total row I would like to be able to have everything

sum
(dollars and cents) and then be displayed as it is above (dollars in the
first column and cents in the second) How in the world is this done???

email
me at

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Or, a bit simpler:

=MOD(SUM(B:B),100)

In article ,
Ron Rosenfeld wrote:

CentsSum: =MOD(SUM(B:B)/100,1)*100

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dollars
=Sum(A1:A10)+Trunc(Sum(B1:B10)/100)
Cents
=Mod(Sum(B1:B10),100)
Tom Ogilvy

"Eric" wrote in message
I need to be able to enter cents as whole numbers (not as 0.12 but as 12)

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUM(A1:A10)+INT(SUM(B1:B10))

for the dollars

=SUM(B1:B10)-INT(SUM(B1:B10))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Eric" wrote in message
In my account sheet I need to have dollars in the first column and

cents
in
the second. For my total row I would like to be able to have

everything
sum
(dollars and cents) and then be displayed as it is above (dollars in

the
first column and cents in the second) How in the world is this done???

email
me at

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 16:04:30 -0700, JE McGimpsey wrote:

Or, a bit simpler:

=MOD(SUM(B:B),100)

In article ,
Ron Rosenfeld wrote: