Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Tab Names

Is there a way to change the tab names to reflect what the cells say, i.e. in
worksheet 2, cells B11 through U11?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don't understand what you mean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you tried right clicking the sheet tabs and clicking on rename?

--
british.assassi
british.assassi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28884

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have a wookbook with 21 sheets. In sheet 2, cells B11 through U11 are the
cells that will change. I need to see if it is possible to change the
proceeding sheets to reflect these cells I mentioned. For example, if I have
PA1, PA2, PA3... in cells B11, B12, B13..., I need to change each tab name to
reflect PA1, PA2, PA3... Make sense?

"Crowbar via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Don't understand what you mean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Darren

You have 21 sheets, but only 20 values in B11:U11.

Which 20 sheets out of the 21 are to be re-named?

All but Sheet2? Or..........??

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:26:02 -0800, Darren
wrote:

I have a wookbook with 21 sheets. In sheet 2, cells B11 through U11 are the
cells that will change. I need to see if it is possible to change the
proceeding sheets to reflect these cells I mentioned. For example, if I have
PA1, PA2, PA3... in cells B11, B12, B13..., I need to change each tab name to
reflect PA1, PA2, PA3... Make sense?

"Crowbar via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Don't understand what you mean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Darren:

try,

Dim sht As Worksheet
i = 2
For Each sht In Sheets
With Sheet2 'codename
If .Cells(11, i) < "" And .Cells(11, i) < sht.Name Then
sht.Name = .Cells(11, i)
End If
i = i + 1
End With