Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to calculate total quantities

A macro is not needed. Simply create a pivot table with part# in the row
area and SUM of Qty in in the data area.

If you prefer a macro, do the above with the macro recorder turned on.
--
Gary''s Student

"DanPtWash" wrote:

My data consists of part #'s from a bill of material. The spreadsheet
includes part#, area#, part description, and quantity of each part# in each
area#.

Part# Area# Part Description Qty in
Area
1A34 1000 widget 3
1A34 2000 widget 7

What I am looking for is a macro to go thru the entire bill of material
(1500 parts or so) and add up the total quantity for each part #.

I would appreciate any help you may have.

Thank you