Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Vlookup Question

Okay, I've asked this question before... but I'm still unclear on the solution.

I have a list of part numbers in Column A on Sheet1, I would like to be able
to do an exact match Vlookup with Column B on Sheet 2.

When there is a match, I would like to have the matches generated in column
A of Sheet 3, but in addition to this, if there is a match, I would like the
columns B,C,D,E & F from sheet 2 also populate along with the matching part
number on Sheet 3. When I asked this question before, I was told to just use
Vlookup for the additional data, I have the part numbers only in Sheet 1, no
other columns worth of data to match against Sheet 2. Can anyone Help??

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Which one is your named range??

--
JohnDK
JohnDK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7184

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If I understand correctly, try this.

On sheet 3 select cells B1:F1. While still selected type in this formula.

=VLOOKUP(Sheet1!A1,Sheet2!$B$1:$F$5,{1,2,3,4,5},0)

Now hit CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

You can now select B1:F1 and pull down and you should have the part numbers
from sheet 1 in column B of sheet 3 and the stuff in columns C, D, E, and F
of sheet 2 next to their part numbers on 3.

If you can't make this work, send me a sample work book and I will see what
I can do.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"DA@PD" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Okay, I believe I gave you some bad info. After I rechecked my test results
of what I thought you were after, I see that the pull down did not advance
the lookup value cell on sheet 1. It remained A1. Not sure why??

The #N/A means the lookup value is not matched. May look the same but could
have leading/trailing spaces and such. Since it's part numbers then I don't
suspect a non match because of a .9999 value showing up as a 1 and therefore
not match.

Send me a sample workbook of your data and I will give it a go. 'splain
again what you are after in some detail in the email.

Regards,
Howard