Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cannot find file when running macro

Hi,
I created an add-in that has a macro toolbar. It has been working fine but
recently it started coming up with the message ~ <file name cannot be found.
When I try to reassing the macro to the toolbar it shows a path to a
temporary outlook directory. In similar situations I've been able to just
remove the file name and path (leaving only the macro name) and it would
work. But now it comes back with the path and file name. What's happening?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

xgirl, sorry but I do not have the answer. Instead, I am having the same
problem as you. In my situation, I've created a new toolbar, added buttons,
created macros and assigned them to the buttons. All works fine when
clicking the buttons. My problem arrives after I save and move the file to a
different subdirectory on the hard drive. After I move the file, open it,
and click one of the buttons, I get an error saying

The macro "C:\~originalpathname~'!macro1' cannot be found"

But, running the macro alone from the macro list works fine. It just
doesn't run when I click the button that had the macro assigned to. I have
no idea how to solve this.

Can anyone help us? Dave Peterson?
--
Dave Brodak