Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA password request upon exit

I have password locked my vba code so it can't be viewed by others. But
now when I exit the excel program, it asks for this password. This is
undesirable.

So can someone help me. I don't want vba code to be seen and I
definitely don't others to be required to enter a password. I'm really
baffled!

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

k,
I've seen posts blaming the Google desktop search program.
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"ken4capitola"
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have password locked my vba code so it can't be viewed by others. But
now when I exit the excel program, it asks for this password. This is
undesirable.

So can someone help me. I don't want vba code to be seen and I
definitely don't others to be required to enter a password. I'm really
baffled!

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

j,
Thanks for the advice. I'm not using google desktop, but I searched the
registry anyway. I had a similar problem several months ago where an
add-in from a textbook CD set loadbehavior=3 in the registry. I
corrected that but this problem sames to be something else, even though
the symptons appear the same.

I stripped all the code out and got down to a single worksheet macro
that showed a dummy form. With VBA password protected and view locked,
I still had the problem upon exiting. To solve the problem I started
from scratch and added modules from the corrupted version. Problem went
away. Don't know how the old one got corrupted but I'm on to better
things.
Thanks
Ken