Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Custom Comment Combo Boxes

Hello All:

I have a need to provide for a custom comment box which the user will
enter a specific comment that is not already contained in the list box
that the UserForm is displaying. My question is what is the best way to
take the custom comment and add it to the existing list box so that the
next time a user selects from the list box the previous custom comment
is included. The list box is set up to allow for multiple selections
and is written in VBA code for the UserForm.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are the comments displayed in the listbox next to the item - so it is a
multicolumn listbox - if not, what do you do with the comments - how/where
do you store them?

Tom Ogilvy

"Apollyon" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello All:

I have a need to provide for a custom comment box which the user will
enter a specific comment that is not already contained in the list box
that the UserForm is displaying. My question is what is the best way to
take the custom comment and add it to the existing list box so that the
next time a user selects from the list box the previous custom comment
is included. The list box is set up to allow for multiple selections
and is written in VBA code for the UserForm.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Currently I display the selected comments in the list box by writing to
a report comment field on a spreadsheet. If the user has a custom
comment there is another area set up to record his custom comment by
using a text box on the user form. I would like to move to an
enviroment where the user can record a custom comment and then be able
to access it on later reports if needed. I am aware of the combo box
which I can set up a rowsource in the spreadsheet and add an item to
this range, but I was hoping to be able to build it into code so that
the VBA code automatically copies a new comment to the list box in the
initialize procedure. The list box has the capability of multiple
selections but the combo box does not. In this way I do not have to be
concerned about a user messing up an excel range and causing the
userform to bomb.