-   -   Create a new XLS from a standard XLS (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/345655-create-new-xls-standard-xls.html)

matelot

Create a new XLS from a standard XLS

I have an XLS with macro that I use as a starting template. I want to be able
to create a file for each person based on a data extract I receive from SQL.
The problem I am having is that when I write a macro to open the XLS
containing macro, it always ask me if I want to disable or enable macro. How
can I bypass the dialog box?

Thanks in advance

Joshua Stollar

Create a new XLS from a standard XLS

You need to reduce the Macro security down to "Low". You will need to
do this on all computers you want not to see the message.

<Tools<Macro<Security... On the Security Level tab, check the radio
button beside "Low"

Make sure you read the explination to make sure this will be ok for you.

bpeltzer

Create a new XLS from a standard XLS

Search your Office installation for the selfcert.exe file and use that create
a digital signature for yourself, then sign the macro. Have each user set
their macro security to medium and, when prompted the first time, indicate
that you are a trusted source.