Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How can I find vaues of cells using 2 search criteria?

G'day,

I'm having trouble gettin my spreadsheet to find and add values based on 2
search criteria. I want the sreadsheet to find a date, and cross reference
it with a person, and then return a value, or sum of values from a 3rd
column. The problem lies in that there can be more than one match for these
two criteria, ie, 2 dates with the same person. How can I get the formula
to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

List of dates in A2:A20. Date to find in G1:
List of Names in B2:B20. Name to find in F1
Values to sum in C2:C20

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$20=$G$1),--($B$2:$B$20=$F$1),$C$2:$C$20)

Hope this helps
Rowan