Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help: How do I fill a selected row with data?

Hello,

How would I fill a selected row that has empty cells with values o
zeros? Also, how would I search for a row filled with zeros and delet
it? Both is necessary...any ideas?

Thank you

--
limshady41
limshady411's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2871

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I fill a selected row with data?

Do you mean all 256 cells in a row?

If you mean filled with zero's, do you mean all 256 cells are filled with
zero. If not, do all cells contain a number or are blank?

If blank are the cells actually empty, or do they contain formulas that may
make the cell appear blank?

Do the cells contain formulas?

Tom Ogilvy

"limshady411"
wrote in message

Hello,

How would I fill a selected row that has empty cells with values of
zeros? Also, how would I search for a row filled with zeros and delete
it? Both is necessary...any ideas?

Thank you!

--
limshady411
limshady411's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=484850

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this technique:

•Select the range of cells to be tested for blanks
•From the main menu: EditGo To (or press the [F5] key)
•Click the [Special Cells...] button
•Select Blanks and Click OK
That should select all blank cells in the tested region.

•Type a 0 (zero)
•Hold down the [Ctrl] key and press [Enter]
That will put a zero in every selected cell.

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21419

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Regarding the deletion of rows with all zeros:

Method 1:
•DataFilterAutofilter
•Set every col criteria to 0 (zero)
•Select the displayed cells
•EditDelete
Excel will only allow you to delete entire rows in autofiltered lists
•DataFilterAutofilter (to remove the autofilter)

Method 2:
•Create a helper column to the right of the data with this formula
assuming your data is in columns A through E:
=COUNTIF(A2:E2,0)=5
•Copy that formula down as far as needed
•Now, use the same Autofilter technique as above, but only set th
critera on the helper column

Does that help?

Regards,
Ro

--
Ron Coderr
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2141

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
al al is offline

Block the cells, then enter "0" in the first one and press CTRL+ENTER

The second part sounds like a macro to me. Maybe someone else can offer
suggestions.

"limshady411" wrote:

Hello,

How would I fill a selected row that has empty cells with values of
zeros? Also, how would I search for a row filled with zeros and delete
it? Both is necessary...any ideas?

Thank you!

--
limshady411
limshady411's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28711
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=484850

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi all,

Well, not all the cells I suppose. I really only need from A - X. Right
now now, I find the last cell used in a column, move down 1 cell, and
then I select the entire row so that I can fill these with a zero.
However, I only need A - X filled, but I was thinking that it might be
easier if we just filled the entire row. Whatever is easiest for you
all. Any help would be appeciated. Right now I have this:

Code:
--------------------

Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Cells(2, 1).Select
Selection.EntireRow.Select

'Now I need to fill this row with 0s or fill the range A - X with 0s

--------------------

Thanks all!

--
limshady411
limshady411's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28711
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=484850

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Also, there are no formulas, just data. Thanks!

--
limshady411
limshady411's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28711
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=484850

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Cells(2, 1).Select
Selection.Resize(1,24).Value = 0

Possibly for eliminating cells with all zero:

Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Select
for i = selection.row to 2 step -1
if application.Sum(cells(i,24)) = 0 then
rows(i).Delete
end if
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"limshady411"
wrote in message

Also, there are no formulas, just data. Thanks!

--
limshady411
limshady411's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=484850

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom. The zeros work great. Thanks. For the delete, it erases all
my rows...

--
limshady411
limshady411's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28711
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=484850

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

guess there was a typo, Try it this way

Sub AABB()
Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Select
For i = Selection.Row To 2 Step -1
If Application.Sum(Cells(i, 1).Resize(1, 24)) = 0 Then
Rows(i).Delete
End If
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"limshady411"
wrote in message

Thanks Tom. The zeros work great. Thanks. For the delete, it erases all
my rows...

--
limshady411
limshady411's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=484850

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This definately does the trick! Thanks Tom!!! :