Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disable Userform button

From another thread I worked how to disable and "grey out" a "commandbutton",
but I am using a Userforms "Button" is it possible to grey out this type of
button?

--
Trefor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Exactly the same

Me.CommandButton1.Enabled = False

--

HTH

RP

"Trefor" wrote in message
From another thread I worked how to disable and "grey out" a

"commandbutton",
but I am using a Userforms "Button" is it possible to grey out this type

of
button?

--
Trefor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,

Sorry what is "Me"?

And for "Button 30" is it CommandButton30? Can you use CommandButton(1)?
--
Trefor

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Exactly the same

Me.CommandButton1.Enabled = False

--

HTH

RP

"Trefor" wrote in message
From another thread I worked how to disable and "grey out" a

"commandbutton",
but I am using a Userforms "Button" is it possible to grey out this type

of
button?

--
Trefor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The keyword 'Me' refers to the object that contains it. So for a
class module, it refers to that instance of the class, for a
userform, it refers to the form, etc.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Exactly the same

Me.CommandButton1.Enabled = False

--

HTH

RP

"Trefor" wrote in message
From another thread I worked how to disable and "grey out" a

"commandbutton",
but I am using a Userforms "Button" is it possible to grey
out this type

of
button?

--
Trefor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chip,

Sorry I am new to VBA and whatever you just said went way over the top of my
head! ;)

As for Class modules, I have not got passed Modules yet. Can you help me out
this some code for a Module please?

--
Trefor

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Exactly the same

Me.CommandButton1.Enabled = False

--

HTH

RP

"Trefor" wrote in message
From another thread I worked how to disable and "grey out" a
"commandbutton",
but I am using a Userforms "Button" is it possible to grey
out this type
of
button?

--
Trefor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is that button on a userform?

If yes, is the code to disable the button behind that userform?

If yes, then Me refers to that userform.

If the button is on a worksheet and is a commandbutton from the control toolbox
toolbar and the code is behind that worksheet, then Me refers to that worksheet.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Exactly the same

Me.CommandButton1.Enabled = False

--

HTH

RP

"Trefor" wrote in message
From another thread I worked how to disable and "grey out" a
"commandbutton",
but I am using a Userforms "Button" is it possible to grey
out this type
of
button?

--
Trefor

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Trefor,

You may not know it, but userform code modules are a specific type of class
module. If you want to disable a button on a userform, there must be
something, some situation, that will determine when that button is to be
disabled. What is that?

Also, as you call it Button 30, it makes me think that you are referring to
worksheets not a userform at all. Can you clarify?

--

HTH

RP

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Exactly the same

Me.CommandButton1.Enabled = False

--

HTH

RP

"Trefor" wrote in message
From another thread I worked how to disable and "grey out" a
"commandbutton",
but I am using a Userforms "Button" is it possible to grey
out this type
of
button?

--
Trefor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Trefor,

Following Bob's observation about your button named "Button 30", I guess it
is neither a userform button nor a Commanbutton but a button on a sheet
applied with the Forms toolbar. If so try this in a Normal module

Sub TestEnable()
EnableButton "Button 30", True

End Sub

Sub TestDisable()
EnableButton "Button 30", False

End Sub

Function EnableButton(sBtnName As String, bEnable As Boolean)
Dim btn As Button

On Error Resume Next
Set btn = ActiveSheet.Buttons(sBtnName)

If btn Is Nothing Then
MsgBox sBtnName & " does not exist on this sheet"
Else
btn.Enabled = bEnable

'simulate greyed out text if disabled
btn.Font.Color = IIf(bEnable, 0, RGB(150, 150, 150))
End If

End Function

Regards,
Peter T

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Exactly the same

Me.CommandButton1.Enabled = False

--

HTH

RP

"Trefor" wrote in message
From another thread I worked how to disable and "grey out" a
"commandbutton",
but I am using a Userforms "Button" is it possible to grey
out this type
of
button?

--
Trefor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Peter/Bob/Dave,

Thankyou all for your replies and yes my "new guy" terminology finally got
deciphered by Peter, yes indeed a €śsheet with a button from the forms
toolbar€ť.

Dave, Currently I set a variable to €śdisabled€ť on a certain event, each
macro that runs from the button checks this variable and if set to €śdisabled€ť
simply does an Exit Sub and the macro obviously does not run.

Peter your code does indeed disable the button and forces the colour of the
text to grey and then back to black afterwards, thankyou for this.
Unfortunately the button colour is not black (its blue) and in some cases has
two different colours (Red and Blue). The disable on the CommandButton on a
sheet from the Control Toolbox seemed to be neat and easy, but clearly not so
neat on a button from the forms toolbar? I presume there is a way to check
the colour on the button, save it to a variable and return it when finished,
but I presume this would be all too hard with multiple colours?

--
Trefor

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Exactly the same

Me.CommandButton1.Enabled = False

--

HTH

RP

"Trefor" wrote in message
From another thread I worked how to disable and "grey out" a
"commandbutton",
but I am using a Userforms "Button" is it possible to grey
out this type
of
button?

--
Trefor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave,

Indeed a simple one line version of Peter's code, but this does not "grey
out" the button. To me this leave the user wondering why the button is not
working, "grey'd out" makes it clear that it has been disabled for some
reason.

Apart from the early Exit Sub, I have a Msgbox, stating that the button had
been disabled, I just thought there may be a more elegant way of doing this
--
Trefor

Trefor wrote:

Peter/Bob/Dave,

Thankyou all for your replies and yes my "new guy" terminology finally got
deciphered by Peter, yes indeed a €œsheet with a button from the forms
toolbar€.

Dave, Currently I set a variable to €œdisabled€ on a certain event, each
macro that runs from the button checks this variable and if set to €œdisabled€

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Exactly the same

Me.CommandButton1.Enabled = False

--

HTH

RP

"Trefor" wrote in message
From another thread I worked how to disable and "grey out" a
"commandbutton",
but I am using a Userforms "Button" is it possible to grey
out this type
of
button?

--
Trefor

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try to stay with the discussion Dave. <g Disabling a forms button does not
change the appearance.

to the OP, You can certainly store the information on the color of the Font
of the button before you change it and then use that information later to
change it back. Where you should store it would depend on what your code
is doing and how long it will have to be stored. (will the workbook be
closed in the meantime for example).

Also, the information on Forms buttons was provided earlier in response to
your hide a button thread. If your going to start threads, please have the
courtesy to check for answers.

Tom Ogilvy

Trefor wrote:

Peter/Bob/Dave,

Thankyou all for your replies and yes my "new guy" terminology finally

got
deciphered by Peter, yes indeed a ?osheet with a button from the forms
toolbar?ť.

Dave, Currently I set a variable to ?odisabled?ť on a certain event,

each
macro that runs from the button checks this variable and if set to

?odisabled?ť

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Exactly the same

Me.CommandButton1.Enabled = False