Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Threads ... possible in VBA

Hi all,

I would like to be able to have a separate thread running while I
execute an API call - specifically, "URLDownloadFile". I want to be
able to implement a callback function such that as a file is being
downloaded I can give users feedback on progress. The API is
synchronous, therefore VBA blocks until the operation is complete ...
this is not what I want.

Has anyone come across similar problems, and if so how how did you
overcome it?

This group has not let me down so far ... I need your brains!!

Cheers